Why didn't you save me?

A friend sent me the following story and I wanted to share with you ....sometimes we put so much faith in God doing everything for us we are forgetting that he will give us the means but we still have to get up in the morning and do some of the work.
He will put the people in the right place at the right time,
but we still have to leave the house or pick up the phone when it rings…
anyways enjoy the story....


A man has been notified that his house is going to be flooded and he needs to get out of the house. He says no I don't have to, God is going to take care of me. Then the flood starts to rise and a sheriff comes along and tells him to get out. The man says no, God is going to save me. So, the floods continue to rise, and he climbs on top of the house. A boat comes along and he's told to climb into the boat. He says, no, no , God is going to save me. Finally, a helicopter comes along and they lower the net to rescue him. The man says, no, no, God is going to save me!


Well, the man drowns and goes to heaven. When he gets to heaven he says to God, "why didn't you save me?"


God says, "I sent the sheriff, I sent a boat, I sent a helicopter, what more did you want me to do?"

God is not going to live our lives for us, but rather help us along the way!!!

No comments: