Rubber Stamping on Tiles...

I saw this diy on http://www.stamptv.com/  and thought it would be fun to start some early Christmas Presents and maybe have some for my  craft shows and art classes coming up.   I found these tiles and I loved the rough top.  (I do have some left over tiles from another project that are smooth)  I got my fairy stamps out and made these.  I have not added color yet.           
To stamp on tiles you need to have the right tools. I used the Stazon ink.  It is waterproof, and no other ink, that I know of, will work for this technique. The tiles I used are Travertine tiles, not completely smooth.
It's always a good idea to use a 4x4" square cardstock to map out what you want to stamp first. This will save you the frustration of stamping on a tile and not liking it. Make sure you use a cloth to get your tiles clean and ready to recieve the ink. Be sure your Stazon is fully inked, you always want to start with a nice juicy pad.  Once you stamp and color your tiles, then it's time to add the felt feet. (I got some at home depot.) by adding felt or cork to the bottom it will protect your furniture.


This is the completed 4. 
All I need to do is tye it up with a bow!
What do you think???



5 comments:

Mimi83 said...

Hi Brenda,
Gosh these are beautiful! I'm planning to steal your idea and make a set of 6 tiles as gift coasters for my brother! :D
I would love to follow your blog but I cannot find a link, please help me out here? The "Followers" tab on the right is not responding. :-/
x
Mimi
mimiscraftyworld.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

yah! so glad you liked them, please post yours so i can see what you chose for your brother!

Mimi83 said...

Hi Brenda, the link worked! So happy to be one of your followers :D
x
Mimi

Marisol Zax said...

Hi Brenda:

Sabrina would love to do this. Where do you buy the ink?

Brenda said...

Marisol, I got the ink at Michaels. good luck with your project!